The EU4Moldova: Focal Regions Programme will focus on strengthening the economic, territorial and social cohesion in the Republic of Moldova through facilitating inclusive, sustainable and integrated local socio-economic growth and improving the standards of living of the citizens in two focal regions: Ungheni and Cahul. The programme will support the two regions targeting necessary improvements in three areas:
1. at the level of local government – to improve the necessary services and the needed infrastructure;
2. at the level of the private sector – to stimulate private investment, improve the economy and create employment opportunities for the men and women;
3. at the population level – to strengthen citizens participation in democratic governance processes and strengthen their capacities to demand their rights.
• To strengthen transparency, accountability of local public authorities and citizen participation in local governance processes in the focal regions;
• To improve citizens’ access to quality public services and utilities in the focal regions;
• To create employment opportunities for men and women in the focal regions and improve the attractiveness of the focal regions for investors and entrepreneurs;
• To promote the smart specialization of the economy of the focal regions through the development of the clustering and value chain approach in key economic sectors.
• Increased institutional capacity of LPAs for the implementation of locally-driven environmentally compliant socio-economic development strategy for integrated local growth and development;
• Improved broader stakeholder (e.g. CSO, private sector) engagement in the planning and monitoring of the socio-economic development strategy;
• Increased quality and availability of public services delivery, including in particular those targeting women; and increased performance of local public utilities;
• More favorable conditions for the attraction of investments, job creation and women and men’s entrepreneurship, including social entrepreneurship;
• Development and functioning of clusters in line with the smart specialization approach.
UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (UNDP); UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN’S FUND
Priority Area: Economic development and better market opportunities; Strengthening of institutions, good governance and security
Region: Cahul; Ungheni
Start Date: 2019-11-20
End Date: 2024-11-20
Implementing Organisation: UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (UNDP); UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN'S FUND
EU Contribution: €22 800 000
EU Project Number: