Skip to main content


EU is the biggest supporter of private sector development in the Republic of Moldova.
Access to finance, to markets and to expertise is supported under the EU4Business programme.

Citizens’ Summary 2023: Moldova

EU4Business has published the Citizens’ Summary 2023 for Moldova with the overview of major results of 2022. 6,328 SMEs were supported through the EU4Business Initiative in Moldova, generating an extra €385 million in income and 22,427 new jobs, growing their turnover by 30%, and increasing their exports by 12% as a result. See the detailed results in the brochure.

Executive Summary for Moldova: 2022 At a Glance

2022 was a year of challenges for Moldova, with the Russia’s invasion of Ukraine creating security issues for this bordering republic, as well causing loss of external markets, problems with energy supply and a general disruption to normal business networks. Nonetheless, the impact of these events upon SMEs was mitigated by the support from the EU4Business Initiative. Turnover grew, there was an increase in exports by businesses already working in international markets and new jobs were created. Furthermore, it appears that the SMEs had fully recovered from the impact of COVID-19, prior to the war.

This publication aims to raise awareness among the citizens of the Republic of Moldova and especially of the business environment about the opportunities and benefits resulting from the harmonization of national legislation with the provisions of the DCFTA. In this regard, the success stories of Moldovan companies that have already benefited from the results of the implementation of the Agreement since its signing are illustrated.

EU4Business Video Stories

The European Union supports Moldovan entrepreneurs

The European Union encourages entrepreneurs to improve their position in the local and international market, increasing their competitiveness and boosting their economic growth. Lefrucom SRL has managed to improve the quality of products, to access new markets and to create jobs. The Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area (DCFTA) offers valuable economic opportunities to Moldovan companies.

Strengthening the presence on European markets

Looking for reliable partners with whom they could collaborate to grow their business. The garment manufacturer “Gemini Clothing Limited” from Soroca district is committed to creating products that meet the highest quality standards. The company has strengthened its presence in various European markets. Its development strategies envisage ambitious prospects that could become a reality due to the opportunities offered by the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area (DCFTA).

Diversifying the product range thanks to the EU support

Efforts to expand the business. The clothing producer – Premier Dona, located in the city of Balti, benefits from the assistance provided by the European Union to diversify its wide range of products, increase their quality, establish genuine partnerships with potential development partners and strengthen its position in the external markets.

Access of domestic producers to the European market

The entrepreneur is willing to increase the amount of honey and bee products exported to the European market. Visapina Impex, a family business which aligned its products with European standards on quality and safety, so as to convince foreign consumers to buy the honey produced in the Republic of Moldova.

EU support for creating competitive products  

A local textile manufacturer from Orhei – Preva, strives to stimulate innovation and quality, thus helping to shape a competitive product for the European market. Preva company has improved its products and optimized its work processes thanks to the European Union’s commitment to support Moldovan companies to capitalize on the opportunities of the Deep and Comprehensive Free Trade Area (DCFTA).

Advantageous lending conditions for Moldovan entrepreneurs  

With the support of the European Union, the agricultural enterprise DAMIAGRO SRL accessed low interest loans. At the same time, the young entrepreneurs were offered the opportunity to cover only 30% of the value of the pledge, the other 70% being guaranteed by the European Investment Bank. Find out how they expanded their business in video. More information about funding opportunities: or


Toys of natural textiles are manufactured in Ungheni, with the financial support of the European Union

EU4Business-EBRD credit line helps Moldovan honey-maker compete

An authentic blacksmith workshop in Cahul receives modern equipment purchased with the European Union’s financial support

From coach to entrepreneur in Cahul

An authentic blacksmith workshop in Cahul receives modern equipment purchased with the European Union’s financial support