Strengthen the Rule of Law and Anti-corruption Mechanisms in the Republic of Moldova
The project will provide advice on strengthening state institutions tasked with preventing and combating corruption. Also it will build and develop partner capacity through initial and in-service training and organisational and process advice, as well it will promote learning and exchange with Germany and other European countries. The project activities will focus on raising awareness and strengthening civil society, especially at local level. Also it will support activities in regions and sectors at high risk of corruption.
- To contribute to implementation of the Association Agreement between the EU and the Republic of Moldova, in particular Articles 16 and 18. Article 16 focuses on preventing and combating organised crime, corruption and other illegal activities. Article 18 targets the fight against money laundering and the financing of terrorism.
- To contribute to national implementation of the 2030 Agenda. As part of the national agenda, the module contributes primarily to implementing Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 16.4 and 16.5 and to achieving SDGs 16.6, 16.7 and 16.10. It relates to prevention of corruption at all levels of the state, i.e. the effective implementation of the National Integrity and Anticorruption Strategy (NIAS), effective coordination and improved sharing of information between relevant institutions, development of efficient scrutiny of financial transactions, mechanisms to impound and return illegally acquired assets, and strengthening of the technical capacity of the National Integrity Authority (NIA).
- To activate civil society to combat corruption, particularly at local level.
- Strengthening civil society and working to combat corruption.
- Improving the effectiveness of state and civil society measures to combat and prevent corruption in the Republic of Moldova.
- Support for the National Integrity Authority is aimed at preventing bribery in public office. Declaration of personal assets and revealing conflicts of interest by public office holders and state officials will help prevent abuse of public office.
- Approaching the state’s prevention measures systematically and with social engagement, in particular, with regard to implementing the NIAS in high-risk sectors.
Partnership that protects
Governance & public administration
Anti-corruption, Good government
German Corporation for International Cooperation
Funding by the EU:
€7 800 000
EU Project Number: