Strengthening the Transplant Agency of the Republic of Moldova and support in legal approximation in the area of quality and safety of substances of human origin
The transplantation of human organs, tissues and cells is a strongly expanding field of medicine offering great opportunities for the treatment of as yet incurable diseases. The overall objective of the project was to contribute to a better quality and safety of transplantations of human organs, tissues, and cells in the Republic of Moldova.
The project purpose was to develop the transplant system in the Republic of Moldova and to strengthen the Transplant Agency by improving the institutional and legal framework, ensuring the quality standards and increasing knowledge, skills and practice, and ethics of the human resources.
- To contribute to a better quality and safety of transplantations of human organs, tissues, and cells in the Republic of Moldova.
- To highlight the importance of transplant system and establish a development mechanism similar to that of the European Union.
- The overall Moldovan legislation related to transplant of human organs, tissues, and cells is in compliance with EU and international standards and norms.
- Increased staff knowledge, practice and skills of all involved institutions.
- The transplant system of the Republic of Moldova is in compliance with the best quality standards and public expectations