Improving the social economic situation of young people in Moldova by empowering Moldovan youth and Moldovan civil society
The overall objective “To contribute to the empowerment of Moldovan youth and Moldovan civil society so as to improve the socio-economic situation of young people in Moldova” highlights the fact that both young people themselves, as well as civil society, can influence the improvement of the socio-economic situation of youth in Moldova. When socio-economic rights of young people are respected, their socio-economic situation will improve. It is important not only to empower civil society to stand up for these rights but also to empower youth themselves so they are more capable to fight for their own rights.
- Civil society and socio-economic actors promote socio-economic rights for young people.
- Young people can more easily find decent work.
- Young people are motivated and able to represent themselves and to actively participate in the Moldovan society.
- Making important steps towards the improvement of the socio-economic rights situation for youth in Moldova by building capacities of Moldovan youth and Moldovan civil society
- The situation of young people in the target regions, their attitude towards work and employment opportunities improved.
- The causes of the discrepancies between education and requirements of the labour market have been studied and analysed within
the research “The discrepancies between education and labour market requirements 2013”, offering recommendations for actors involved.
- The research on “Current situation in the area of socio-economic rights of young people 2013” revealed all the aspects of the
situation of young people from the Republic of Moldova, pointing out action directions for improving the situation.
- In order to defend the rights of young employees in an efficient way and to react promptly in cases of violations of these rights, 160 trade union members and leaders, as well as interested young people trained.