EU4Moldova: Startup City Cahul
Being launched in June 2020, the 4-year Project aims to harness and strengthen the potential of the digital economy and enhance regional competitiveness, its business and its investment environment by:
- fostering partnerships for innovation and entrepreneurship between the private sector, public sector and educational institutions in the region of Cahul;
- promoting technology, problem solving and creative solutions in learning and making STEM topics (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) more attractive for women and men, girls and boys;
- facilitating the emergence of start-ups in innovative sectors, building their capacity and investment readiness.
The key outputs of the project are:
- establishment of a Regional Innovation and Technology Centre in Cahul (‘EU4Innovation Centre’).
- development of STEM activities as part of the systemic approach as well as extracurricular Centre activities.
- developing a seed funding and acceleration programme for digital and innovative start-ups and entrepreneurs.
- strengthening their capacity building and investment readiness.
Contribute to the regional development of Cahul by harnessing and strengthening the potential of the digital economy and enhancing regional competitiveness and the investment environment.
The Regional Innovation and Technology Centre in Cahul (‘EU4Innovation Centre’) is established, fully functional and operating according to the requirements:
- min 1 500 m2;
- 4 services created;
- 137 programs and activities.
More young people, especially girls and women, are attracted to start a career/work in the ICT sector:
- content developed in line with the EU4Digital Agenda, i.e. min 6 curricula updated;
- STEM programmes are expanded nationwide, i.e. 200 schools connected to Tekwill in Every School Initiatives;
- new up-to-date training courses and other skills development programmes are implemented, that meet the needs of the industry (overall, min 50,000 beneficiaries, min 500 teachers skills improved in Digital Education).
Enabling conditions for innovative sectors start-ups to emerge and grow are put in place:
- the ICT entrepreneurship culture and community are strengthened;
- accelerations facilities and programmes for technology start-ups are created;
- 20 Startups supported;
- min 15 non IT initiatives supported;
- min 2600 beneficiaries from Entrepreneurial Education trained;
- min 24 Entrepreneurial events organised.
- min 1000 people with new or better opportunities.
Partnership that creates, Partnership that connects
Employment and entrepreneurship, Digital (broadband, mobile, eGov, digital innovation, cyber)
Embassy of Sweden Chisinau, Moldovan Association of ICT Companies
Funding by the EU:
€6 800 000
EU Project Number: