EU4Energy-Promoting the Clean Energy Transition-Governance
The EU-supported project "Promoting the Clean Energy Transition in the Eastern Partnership countries: EU4Energy Phase II - Component 1" (EU4Energy Governance Project Phase II) supports three Eastern Neighbourhood countries Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine and is targeting several actors, primarily Government authorities in the partner countries, which need to improve their energy policies and institutional capacity in order to shift to the sustainable energy transition. The Project will assist in improving of alignment of a legal framework of Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine with the EU acquis along the Energy Community Treaty, as well as the bilateral agreements with the EU and the EU's best practice. The activities planned under the Project will cover a broad range of actions, including support in drafting legal frameworks and regulations, elaboration of guidelines, monitoring of implementation. These actions will be complemented by organisation of workshops and other events to strengthen institutional capacity of the countries needed to implement the Action.
- Improved transposition and implementation of the energy acquis and coherent policy development in line with the Energy Community Treaty, Association Agreements, DCFTAs, EU best practices;
- Support in transposition and implementation of energy acquis;
- Overview of energy legislation implementation/measurement;
- Increase of institutional capacity.
- Provision of technical assistance on transposition and implementation of energy acquis;
- Provision of technical assistance for overview of energy legislation implementation/measurement;
- Provision of technical assistance on institutional capacities in key energy ministries and agencies.