Eastern Partnership Civil Society Facility
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Facility is the EU-funded Project working with the six Eastern Partnership (EaP) countries to strengthen the role and increase the capacity of civil society organisations (CSOs) and activists from these six countries.
The project offers CSOs and activists from the region:
- Learning opportunities for civil society.
- Annual Civil Society Hackathons to develop new ideas and tools for transparency, accountability and participation.
- Civil Society Fellowships to support 120 civil society activists from the region.
- Regional networking and the participation of civil society representatives in relevant regional and international events.
- Networking assistance and ad hoc support on relevant initiatives.
- Communication activities to increase the public awareness of CSOs, improve their public image and promote EU support to civil society.
- Mappings and studies on civil society at the request of the EU.
The overall objective of the Project is to strengthen participatory and inclusive democracy in the Eastern Partnership.
The purpose of the Project is to strengthen the role and increase the capacity of CSOs and activists in the Eastern Partnership to engage in the policy making processes and policy dialogue, promote reforms and public accountability, foster local democracy, local development and engage citizens in public debate.
- Strengthened capacities of civil society organisations and activists in the Eastern Partnership to engage in policy making processes and policy dialogue, promote reforms and public accountability, foster local democracy, local development and engage citizens in public debate.
- Accountability and transparency of CSO work is strengthened.
- The public image of the role of civil society in the Eastern Partnership is improved.
- The European Commission has a better understanding of civil society organisations in the partner countries and the problems they face and consequently better targets its future EU-funded programmes.
- The EU support to civil society is promoted in a more consistent and coherent manner.
Partnership that empowers, Partnership that empowers, Partnership that protects
Civil society, Inclusion, Rule of law & human rights
Civil society, Dialogue, Eastern Partnership, Human rights, Women, Youth
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, Ukraine
GDSI Limited (Ireland) in consortium with Altair Asesores S.L. (Spain) , Office for European Expertise and Communications (Belarus) , Innovative Education Foundation (Georgia), Institute for European Policies and Reforms (Moldova) , Center for Innovations Development (Ukraine)
Funding by the EU:
€3 698 750
EU Project Number: