Support to further Strengthening the Efficiency and Quality of the Judicial System in the Republic of Moldova
This project is funded by the European Union and the Council of Europe and implemented by the Council of Europe. It aims to:
- improve statistical data collection, analysis and reporting so as to strengthen the capacity of judicial administration to assess the performance of national courts on the basis of objective criteria, to take decisions with regard to the distribution of resources based on needs, efficiency and quality, and to define the indicators and track the records able to demonstrate the effect of judicial reforms;
- put in place an application to facilitate the public access to judicial statistics based on the concept of CEPEJ-STAT database, with a view to increasing the transparency of the court system and the public trust in the judiciary;
- further improve the court management and the capacity of courts to deliver better quality services;
- improve the system of enforcement of court decisions in civil and administrative cases through better management and strengthened capacities and professionalism of bailiffs. Bailiffs’ profession is supported in the implementation of new tools to facilitate its functions, such as the electronic register of enforceable documents/procedures and the on-line platform for auctioning of goods seized as part of enforcement proceedings etc.
The main objective of the project:
- Access to justice in the Republic of Moldova is improved through strengthened efficiency and quality of courts and a better system of enforcement of court decisions.
And the specific ones are:
- The efficiency and quality of courts are enhanced through the application of CEPEJ tools at national level, while the mechanisms or judicial transparency and accountability are further consolidated.
- The enforcement of court decisions in civil and administrative cases is improved through the implementation of the instruments developed by CEPEJ to analyse the functioning and efficiency of the system of enforcement.
Under specific objective 1:
- Improved public access to the database of judicial statistics, based on the concept of CEPEJ-STAT database.
- Skills and know-how for collection and analysis of judicial statistics and qualitative data for policy-making and managerial purposes.
- Improved court management and capacity of courts to deliver better quality services.
Under specific objective 2:
- Strengthened case management and track record of the enforcement of court decisions in civil and administrative matters.
- Improved collection, analysis and reporting of data on the efficiency of the system of enforcement.
- Strengthened capacities and professionalism of bailiffs. Increased awareness and knowledge among on the European good practices in enforcement proceedings.