Support to Public Finance Policy Reforms in Moldova (PFPR)
The project aim is to contribute to sustainable growth, maintained macroeconomic and fiscal stability ad ultimately contribute to poverty reduction in Moldova.
To assist the Government (notably the Ministry of Finance), Parliament (notably the Committee for Economy, Budget and Finance) and the Supreme Audit Institution (Court of Accounts) of Moldova in the process of enhancing good governance, effective fiscal policy, transparent and accountable public finance policy and strengthened public financial management systems.
- Improved quantitative and qualitative analysis of budget, including improved macroeconomic forecasting and revenue projection for setting fiscal targets and the level of expenditures compatible with these targets over the medium term.
- Enhanced consideration by the Government of the role of the independent public institutions in fiscal policy matters.
- Enhanced capacity of the Committee for Economy, Budget and Finance of the Parliament for budget oversight and scrutiny.
- Improved quality of external audit reports by the Court of Accounts, transparency in the processes of external audits, and greater follow-up of the Court's recommendations.
- Improved annual and medium-term budget planning with enhanced budget discipline and credibility.
- Improved public financial management systems.
- Improved budget transparency along with better public access to key to key fiscal information, increasing citizens' understanding of the budget.